Canning City Code of Conduct.
Canning City Soccer Club abides by the Codes of Conduct as set by Football West for all junior players, coaches and all parents
These codes reflect the policy of the Junior Soccer Association of Western Australia, for the conduct of Junior Soccer throughout the State. They are intended to provide guidance to all those persons who are associated with Junior Soccer players and in particular those responsible for directing their activities.
The codes are not an exclusive statement for the conduct of Junior Soccer. They are a statement of ethics which should underlay more detailed policies and such matters as skill acquisition, modified games and the structure of the competitions.
If adopted, the codes will ensure that young people develop good sporting behaviours and have an enjoyable experience of sport, which will encourage them to remain involved in any capacity throughout their lives.
The aims of the Codes of Conduct are to make the game of Junior Soccer more attractive, healthy and a worthwhile activity for children.
• Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
• Encourage your child to participate, do not force them.
• Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
• Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
• Remember that children learn best by example.
• Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
• Respect official’s decisions and teach children to do likewise.
• Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators.
• Without them, your child could not participate.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
• Parents – ensure that you bring to attention the rules below for junior players, this means your family members.
• In not abiding by these set of simple guidelines, there are consequences which we trust we will not have to invoke.
• Junior players play soccer for fun and enjoyment and winning is only a secondary part of playing.